How can we improve Hindy products?

Join clips

Joining two clips on the same track, say by clicking the line between them, could really help to keep the tracks "clean" and simple.

When you have to move a section it would make it easier when you only have to move one large bit in stead of 5 smaller.

Think of it as a permanent Group.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lars Michael SørensenLars Michael Sørensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LeeLee commented  · 

+1 on Tom's comment. I had trimmed a music clip and spliced a new ending in, so that it would better match the voiceover timing. I grouped the clips, and then when I went to select a region and duck the music, I found that the app still treats the clips individually in terms of the volume envelope handles. I had to make some splits, eyeball some fades, and do a lot of sliding around to get it close. What I thought would take me 15 seconds took me an hour. I've ended up going back to Reaper for now. Man! I was just getting excited about to this app. ;(

• Tom TenneyTom Tenney commented  · 

I was trying to do this today, and was surprised I couldn't merge/glue/marry clips - whatever you want to call it. I was trying to use the "duck" method but I needed to duck several clips at once and apparently that doesn't work.

• Nick Dunkerley (Hindenburg)Nick Dunkerley (Hindenburg) commented  · 

This is an excellent idea (i have the same idea) and I hope we can find a way of doing that in the future

Feedback and Knowledge Base